DAT Finished 9/15/11

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

marquito

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I took my DAT about a week ago and here are my scores:

PAT: 22
RC: 21
QR: 19
OC: 28
GC: 23
Bio: 22
AA: 23

I am currently a junior and will have around a 3.85 by the time I apply to dental school this June. As a side note, for those of you who are planning on going to dental school right away and are worried about the bio portion because you may not have taken any upper div bio classes, don't be! I haven't taken physio or anatomy or any upper div bio classes, so it is definitely doable to learn the material from scratch on your own. Okay so a quick breakdown: I used CDP for PAT which was way harder on most sections that the actual thing. I used Math destroyer for math which is plenty good. Math was actually my strongest and most consistent section, but on the real exam I rushed myself since it's at the end and didn't check my answers. I also used the dat destroyer and chad's videos which are both good resources, though dat destroyer is much more useful. About 5 of my gchem questions were word for word from destroyer. For RC I used CDR which was great at timing and is very similar if not harder than the actual exam. I also used Dat qvault for bio which was great (use this at the end of your studying), on top of khan academy videos and wikipedia. The khan academy was great for physio. I also took the kaplan course which was okay. It really keeps you on track for studying and is great if you also read Cliff's notes at the same time. I also use Top Score which was okay but in my opinion was a little too hard and just random (20, 20, 24). I used achiever early on and it was hard as well (17, 18, 19, 17, 16). I did the Kaplan tests, I think like 5 of them and all the quizzes and workshops except for math (those are ridiculous and are a waste of time). I studied for 3 months and 10 hours a day. I'm planning on applying to all the California schools and am hoping to go to UCSF or UCLA. Good luck with the DAT you guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Congrats on the BA scores. I don't think you will have a problem getting in, especially with a solid GPA.