****The Official Ohio State University Class of 2016 Acceptance Thread****

Members don't see this ad :)
Woot!

Just had to post this, also got UNC!

Just got an email!

Truthfully this will be one of the hardest decisions I've had to make in my life.

Each school is fantastic. Each has its strengths and weaknesses.

And above all else, I consider myself extremely blessed to have received an acceptance, let alone two of them. And from my top choice schools.

I'm excited to see who else partakes in the OSU "Go Bucks" acceptance thread!

GL to you all! :xf:

I am having the hardest time decided which school to go to. This is going to be such a hard decision!!!

Congrats on being accepted to the best dental school in the US! I urge you to consider OSU, best choice I ever made (I was OSS)! Congrats again and Go Bucks!

OSU Class of 2015

Congratulations to you all! In-staters are waiting to hear back Monday...how did your AADSAS status change before you received your acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to you all! In-staters are waiting to hear back Monday...how did your AADSAS status change before you received your acceptance?

It did not change. Nor has it changed. Still says "invited for interview".

But, I do have an email that says I'm in! (and the 7:30am wake up phone call!)

I think I'll go ahead and make the FB group page..

Congrats everyone! If you are interested in affordable housing with upperclassmen, I urge you to live at Psi Omega Dental Fraternity. This was by far the best decision I made besides my commitment to be a Buckeye. Our house is a 10 minute walk from Postle and includes a working dental lab. The house is co-ed and 19 dental students live there. I am a first year, and I attribute a lot of my success this quarter to the help and knowledge the upperclassmen have given me. If you have any questions please feel free to message me. You can also look at our website and facebook group.

GO BUCKS!

http://www.psiomegaosu.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Psi-Omega-Ohio-State/110911522274186

I heard that they are going to change their policy on residency change and tuition. Is that true or will oos still able to apply for instate tuition after the first year?

I'm in!!!! Best way to start the morning off ever!!!

I'm gonna be a buckeye for another four years!! See you all in the fall!!! :D

I heard that they are going to change their policy on residency change and tuition. Is that true or will oos still able to apply for instate tuition after the first year?

I'd e-mail the financial aid lady. She seems incredibly helpful and can answer this question better than anybody on here. IMO, OSU isn't the kind of institution that would tell you about the option to gain in-state residency if the policy was expected to change soon.

Best way to be woken up at 7:59am EVER!

I got an email this morning letting me know I was put on the ohio resident alternate list. Does anyone know how many people get in from this list in the past? I know I was decently ranked for the interview, so I couldn't imagine myself being too high on the alternate list. I thought my interview went pretty well and I even received an email from one of my interviewers telling me they enjoyed our conversation, mentioning specifics from it. I'm not sure if they do that for everyone or not. I found some information about previous out of state alternate spots moving to the 38th spot, but I'm not sure about the in state alternate list, other than someone ranked in the teens got in in January. I'll find out tomorrow where I am specifically ranked. If anyone has any advice or information that can calm my nerves, that'd be great. I know we all put a lot of effort into getting into dental school. Whatever happens was meant to be I guess, but OSU is my dream school and that is where I want to go.

I got an email this morning letting me know I was put on the ohio resident alternate list. Does anyone know how many people get in from this list in the past? I know I was decently ranked for the interview, so I couldn't imagine myself being too high on the alternate list. I thought my interview went pretty well and I even received an email from one of my interviewers telling me they enjoyed our conversation, mentioning specifics from it. I'm not sure if they do that for everyone or not. I found some information about previous out of state alternate spots moving to the 38th spot, but I'm not sure about the in state alternate list, other than someone ranked in the teens got in in January. I'll find out tomorrow where I am specifically ranked. If anyone has any advice or information that can calm my nerves, that'd be great. I know we all put a lot of effort into getting into dental school. Whatever happens was meant to be I guess, but OSU is my dream school and that is where I want to go.

I know for the class of 2014.. (According to the ADEA handbook) out of the 111 people that were in-state that interviewed, 98 of these were accepted... for 89 spots. So it looks like they moved 9 deep on the wait list..

Everyone got accepted from the waitlist for my class, in and out of state.

Thanks MorgAnn and Odontos2015! Hopefully I'll get some better news tomorrow and the best news by January. I just need to get it off my mind in the meantime.

Thanks MorgAnn and Odontos2015! Hopefully I'll get some better news tomorrow and the best news by January. I just need to get it off my mind in the meantime.

The OOS waitlist will inevitably be exhausted within a few weeks, that's when the in-state list really starts to move. Only 3 or 4 remained on the waitlist for the D2 class. I think my housemate (D3) said everyone was taken from the list for his class too, so your chances are good:)

Congrats to everyone that got accepted this year! :thumbup: If you have any questions don't be afraid to hit me up, I'm a current D1. Welcome to the college!

I am in too. Difficult part is to convert from a wolverine to a buckeye. :)

I plan on keeping my Spartan spirit alive. Should make for some friendly competition...

Hey guys,

Congrats on being accepted to OSU! Its a great school and great town.

I went to Med School at OSU and graduated this past year. While there, I lived in this building on Highland Ave. It is a 5 min walk to the dental school. I loved it there and miss it like hell. Anyway, the current landlord wants me to help fill my old apartment. The apartment in question is a large 1 bedroom or small 2 bedroom. Rent is $600 a month. Currently there are only graduate students living in the building, so its a very quiet and academic atmosphere. The address is 1441 highland. You can e-mail/ PM for more details. My e-mail is [email protected].

Thanks and go bucks!
-Bobby

I am still on the waitlist :( this makes me so sad. By any chance does anyone know if it might move at least 10 people? haha.. I really dont want to go OOS.

At this point in the cycle plan on packing your bags and moving OOS!

I am still on the waitlist :( this makes me so sad. By any chance does anyone know if it might move at least 10 people? haha.. I really dont want to go OOS.

Everyone got in for my cycle, with lots being accepted over the summer. Rumor has it that 3 people remained on the list last year and the dean decided to increase the class size by 3 to accommodate them.

haha thats awesome. The dean is pretty cool. and I hope so... Im still waiting :(

I heard from an admissions counselor someone moved off the waitlist on monday...so maybe there will be more movement for you? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you:)

I recently declined my spot - - I would say that it was the one mentioned by premolar9, but I didn't get the official email until Wednesday, so keep your fingers crossed! There's still hope!

I GOT IN!!!!! hahhaha YAYYY!!!!! thank god! a week before I had to move to!!! thanks memba21yo :) good luck to you at the school you decided to attend and thanks premolar9 for crossing your fingers for me :) Im sure Ill be meeting you soon! :) I AM SO HAPPY! :) :) :)

I GOT IN!!!!! hahhaha YAYYY!!!!! thank god! a week before I had to move to!!! thanks memba21yo :) good luck to you at the school you decided to attend and thanks premolar9 for crossing your fingers for me :) Im sure Ill be meeting you soon! :) I AM SO HAPPY! :) :) :)

Congrats! See you August 20th!

that's great! And haha, I hope I'll be seeing you at interviews! I'm applying this cycle, and someone from admissions just mentioned that to me :) I'm not in yet. But hopefully I'll be in for next year! cheers :)

Thank you guys!!!! :) :) premolar9 its my turn to cross my fingers for you!!!! :)