TPR- in class vs TPR online, anyone know which is "better"?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pfaction

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear pfaction,

I am writing to follow up on your Princeton Review course. Unfortunately, there is insufficient enrollment for the course in which you have enrolled, so we must cancel the course.

---

So basically, the in-class was cancelled. I like in-class more, gives me a better atmosphere. But, I hear Kaplan's verbal is EXTREMELY bad and I only have one shot to take this MCAT. So, if someone knows...is TPR Online just as good? Should I take the online course rather than Kaplan in-classroom?

FULL NOTE: I have EK books and will be ordering BR books and following SN2ed's 4 (3?) month schedule.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think anyone can really say which is better. It would depend on the teachers you'd get for the in-class. If they were better than the ones that made TPR's online videos, then the class would be better.

Damn. Thank you again for making your schedule, by the way...I'm going to be on pharmacy rotations starting Jan, but I have March&April off so I will be studying hardcore. Most MCAT prep courses start in Jan so I will be dual-tasking but I will be able to handle it. Hopefully someone that took the online course for TPR can help me out. I am really scared of Kaplan's verbal section...you said it was too easy or not the same type as MCAT questions, right?

I just finished a TPR online course and I thought it was pretty good. You get access to two instructors for each subject. One that's already recorded and one that's live so that you can ask questions, etc. Their instructors seemed pretty qualified to teach the topics imho. I got teachers who have been teaching for at least 5yrs to some who actually helped write the hyperlearning subject books. I don't know how an in person course could be better then learning live in your PJs without having to leave home.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just finished a TPR online course and I thought it was pretty good. You get access to two instructors for each subject. One that's already recorded and one that's live so that you can ask questions, etc. Their instructors seemed pretty qualified to teach the topics imho. I got teachers who have been teaching for at least 5yrs to some who actually helped write the hyperlearning subject books. I don't know how an in person course could be better then learning live in your PJs without having to leave home.

Were you satisfied with your grades and all? How did they explain it? I'm seriously torn between live (an hour away), online, or Kaplan (10 mins away)

Were you satisfied with your grades and all? How did they explain it? I'm seriously torn between live (an hour away), online, or Kaplan (10 mins away)

Well I'm a post bacc so my level of recollection is not pristine, which is why I chose to do a course. However, I do think that I could have gotten away without doing a course if the material was fresher (especially for physics). Had I just taken the courses, I would have gone with Kaplan instead because of their online student center. I would have preferred to take their FLs and do their quizzes, subject tests, etc online.

If you are not a classroom person and understand things better on your own, I would recommend you pick the online class because you will get to read things on the computer screen and solve problems on the computer screen, meaning that you will get used to doing things on the computer scree just like the MCAT.
If MCAT was still paper based, though, my advice would have been the classroom course.
I would go with TPR instead of Kaplan.

Most students use the chat function. You can also use a voice chat but I've seen someone do that once.