2012-2013 University of South Dakota Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gettheleadout

MD
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

I suppose with only 150 in-state applicants, our thread is going to be pretty dead...
Just FYI, they require a 3.1 GPA and a 23 MCAT to be granted an interview if you are an SD resident.
Only grant interviews for people with residency or strong ties to the state.

It's kind of depressing how dead it is in here...
*crickets chirp*

Members don't see this ad :)
I've recently added this school to AMCAS but haven't heard anything from them.

Anyone knows if the picture has to be passport-style ?

Last edited:
Interviewed in mid-September and was added to the "pended" pool after Novermber acceptances. Not sure how to feel about this one...

I interviewed mid-October and also got put in the pending pool. Kind of expected it though, being OOS.

Accepted this past Friday! Interviewed 11/28. Good luck, everyone!

I interviewed mid-October and also got put in the pending pool. Kind of expected it though, being OOS.
did you get a email that said you were pended.

Can anyone help me out, I was recently interviewed and I got this email, " your application has been reviewed by the admissions committee. Please be sure to submit any address updates to AMCAS. Letters will be mailed early next week."

Congrats and did you get a email before you were accepted? and if so what did it say?

Yes, I got an email saying, "Please be sure the preferred address you submitted with your AMCAS application is current. You should receive a letter with additional information regarding your application status by the end of next week. " I got my acceptance letter about a week after the email.

At my interview, I had been told that this type of email automatically meant that you were accepted, but they like to send letters signed by the dean, rather than through email. They said the other option was an email that said you were deferred.

Wow. I guess they don't have internet in South Dakota? :smuggrin:

I just got my acceptance letter today!!!

Did you get an email before you got a letter in the mail?

Did you get an email before you got a letter in the mail?
I interviewed at the end of January and received my acceptance letter on Saturday (3/2). I did not receive an email first though. Best of luck to everyone still waiting for letters to arrive!

Status
Not open for further replies.