2012-2013 University of Missouri - Kansas City Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gettheleadout

MD
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Space reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Good luck to everyone applying! :luck:

I'm applying to this school but my amcas is still being verified. The website says that you must turn your app and general secondary by August 1. Should I submit my secondary before my primary gets verified?

Members don't see this ad :)
Secondary: Please describe why you are interested in studying in this degree program in the box below. Your statement is limited to 1000 characters (approximately 150 words or two short paragraphs) or less.

Are there any UMKC students out there who can help sell me?

I've heard the cirriculum is a little different for UMKC, like it takes 4 and half years to complete med school and that there are a couple breaks for the students to study for boards. Not sure if any of this is true and I couldn't really find this info on their website.

I also don't understand why they start matriculating in January. I don't finish school until May!

just got an interview! sept 20th! so soon....

Congrats chilove21! If you don't mind telling, are you OOS or IS?? And when did you submit your secondary??

i'm OOS but live in Illinois if that counts for anything...i mailed my app 7/28, but never actually received a complete email. i did email them a few days ago about that and was told my app was under review.

i'm OOS but live in Illinois if that counts for anything...i mailed my app 7/28, but never actually received a complete email. i did email them a few days ago about that and was told my app was under review.

Stats? Congrats!

Anyone else hear back from UMKC for an interview who is a Missouri resident?

Me too, MO resident. Got an email yesterday for an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
you guys mind sharing your stats? thanks.

3.6math/ science gpa, 3.7cum gpa, 28Q, IS

Last edited:
Any input on nearby hotels? I will be flying from out of state, and would like to know if I should fly-in at the international airport or the downtown airport? How is the public transportation?

I just booked my flight/hotel/transportation for an interview next week. Flying into MCI airport. Shuttle to/from airport/hotel is $18 each way. You'll want to book in the Kansas City Downtown area or the Country Club Plaza area.

By the way, is everyone here applying to the BA/MD program or MD program? I applied to the MD program and I'm unsure of what to make of the small class of only 5-10 MD students. I'm a post-baccalaureate student, so I am a little older than traditional applicants already. Not sure how being in an environment with much younger peers would be.

Is there some reason I can't find this school on my AMCAS dropdown list? I am from Illinois, and would like to apply to U of Missouri-Kansas City.

Is there some reason I can't find this school on my AMCAS dropdown list? I am from Illinois, and would like to apply to U of Missouri-Kansas City.

It's too late to apply for UMKC. They needed secondaries in by August I think.

I was expecting an interview here but still haven't heard anything from the school yet- neither a rejection nor an interview. From what I understand, they only extended interview invites till the end of September. I tried emailing the admissions office to no avail. MO resident if that means anything.

Anyone else in the same situation?

Yea I just got my acceptance letter yesterday!!!

if i accept my position at UMKC, does that mean i am automatically withdrawn from all other schools? even though i loved UMKC, im from OOS, i'm waiting on a school to get back to me that is cheaper.

if i accept my position at UMKC, does that mean i am automatically withdrawn from all other schools? even though i loved UMKC, im from OOS, i'm waiting on a school to get back to me that is cheaper.

You might want to ask UMKC that. If you don't accept by their suggested date, then your acceptance will be revoked.

I just don't know how to ask it without seeming like I dont want to go there :/

I called AMCAS today with a similar question. I have an interview scheduled at another school, and I was wondering that if I accept the offer from UMKC will I still be able to keep my interview and continue with the application process at other schools? I was told that I can accept the offer and that should not affect my status at other schools. The only down side is that once I accept an offer from any school, that acceptance can be viewed by all the schools.

i emailed UMKC today, i'll let you know what they say!

so apparently if you accept at UMKC, it's like at any other school where you can accept at multiple ones without your whole app being withdrawn. it's the applicants responsibility to withdraw from all other schools in writing.

did anyone already accept at UMKC? i just accepted my spot yday and am wondering about housing, etc.

Does this school only accept applicants for the BA/MD program? Do people apply here just for MD?

Please describe why you are interested in studying in this degree program in the box below.
5l.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.