Harvard Extension Program and Low Science Grades

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Steele

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I just got accepted to the Harvard Extension School's Health Careers Program.

It came with stipulations though.

I took took one semester of chemistry which I got a C and one semester in desecrate mathematics getting a D when I was in doing my first first undergrad. Until I took biology last semester which I got an A in and biology and anatomy and physiology, the classes at my first undergrad were my only science credits.

Even with have a cumulative 3.4 GPA for my undergrad classes they are requiring me to get a 32 on the MCAT when I take it to get sponsorship.

I talked to them today and they said a 32 is about the top 30% of MCAT test takers. I have no problem with this. I'm completely confident that I can get a 32.

I am however curious if anyone else had a similar stipulation when being accepted to HES's Health Careers Program. I would hope that I'm not the only one.

Members don't see this ad.

I've seen similar stories over the years here.

Well, I just got accepted to the Harvard Extension School's Health Careers Program.

It came with stipulations though.

I took took one semester of chemistry which I got a C and one semester in desecrate mathematics getting a D when I was in doing my first first undergrad. Until I took biology last semester which I got an A in and biology and anatomy and physiology, the classes at my first undergrad were my only science credits.

Even with have a cumulative 3.4 GPA for my undergrad classes they are requiring me to get a 32 on the MCAT when I take it to get sponsorship.

I talked to them today and they said a 32 is about the top 30% of MCAT test takers. I have no problem with this. I'm completely confident that I can get a 32.

I am however curious if anyone else had a similar stipulation when being accepted to HES's Health Careers Program. I would hope that I'm not the only one.

Plenty of people have grade stipulations. You can also post this in the Official Thread and ask the students there direct.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have to get a 30+ on the MCAT because of my low gmat scores.

Why does the GMAT come into play for you? I'm 95% sure that medical adcoms do not see the GMAT.

I quote "We are worried, however, at your GMAT scores, low by the standards of the medical admissions process. To ensure sponsorship would be worth giving and receive, we will also require that when you take the MCAT you receive a total of at least 30."

I first thought what the hell they won't give a crap, didn't really fuss with it because I'm planning on getting 30+ anyways. :shrug: