2011 International Students/US DS Admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc toothache

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
An update on international students admitted to US DS. In the past 3 years, there has an increase from 209 to 274 students admitted. Canadians enrolled went from 101 to 123. The next leading contender is Korea, although interestingly enough, the designation of N and S is no longer made; the listing shows S. Korea or simply Korea. Not much attention seems to be given to the selection of ds. Out of the 5,170 first year students for 2010-11, 2.1% were from Canada and 5.9% were from other countries.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 2012 International-Canadian DS Admission 8-28-12.xls
    43.5 KB · Views: 486
Last edited:
no one got into USC, midwestern, temple, and columbia? i thought they accepted international students..

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like no one got in to those schools, but if you look, it says the number of enrollees. Is it possible that the Canadians did get accepted to those schools but chose not to attend and so it would state 0 enrollees. Someone care to elaborate on this?

Last edited:
The file has been updated to include the number of applicants, enrollees and applicants/enrollees ratio.

I know an international who got into USC...thats quite odd. Although I think he went into the Perio program.