scsc7211's Version of Alan's Bio Notes (50+ pages)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scsc7211

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, now that December 3rd has arrived, I wanted to post up my DAT Bio notes (which started off as Alan's notes). They are based off of the Kaplan White Book and Cliff's AP Bio and contain figures from a number of different sources, for which I take no credit. I strongly recommend downloading the file so all of the figures display correctly!

I never did proofread them, so don't be surprised to see some typos. The true benefit of the notes was the process of actually compiling them, but hopefully they will be a good resource to somebody. If you find any errors, let me know and I'll get them corrected as soon as possible. And for the record, they were 51 pages in Word, but are under 50 as a Google doc. :rolleyes:

Good luck to all who are still studying!

scsc7211's Version of Alan's DAT Bio Notes

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks guys! I hope they can still be found next year when people might actually use them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice notes! Wish I had these before I took the DAT back in March...Anyone else studying for the DAT should definitely use these. Thanks for posting them.

These are... absolutely fantastic! Thank you! I had reviewed Cliff's once, taking notes of course and although these notes are quite long, I still found them an excellent means of QUICKLY reviewing the material. I think I'll look over a couple of pages a day until I take my DAT. :)

Also, anyone who has taken the DAT... Mind commenting on how comprehensive these are? :) I really have no idea.

Thanks for the positive feedback; I'm glad to hear they have been a help!

I would also be interested to hear what other people think.

I can say though, the notes are essentially a hybrid of all of the material from Cliffs and the Kaplan White Book that comes with the class, in addition to all of the figures and a fair bit of additional info from other sources. I'm sure there is testable material not contained in the notes, but they are pretty darn thorough.

There were a couple of things I had never seen before.. ever. So I just chose to ignore those haha. But they're exactly what I was looking for! I was about to beef up my Cliff's notes with materials from KBB and realized these were going to be the product of that... I just took a vertebrate anatomy course and human histology (which might as well have been physiology pfftt)... so kind of set for bodily systems across taxa.

Glad to hear it, and I hope the studying is going well. I just caught myself reliving the memory of a year ago when I was typing these things up ha... +pissed+

Used these notes to make my own compilation.

Didn't spend that much time on the biology section, but pulled off a 21.

Thanks!

Wow these notes are just amazing. Thank you so much for being so kind and generous and posting your hard work for those of us preparing for our future DAT. Thanks again, and looking forward to using these while preparing for my test:) Was it these review notes that got you the Biology score that you received?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys! It's a good feeling knowing they've been helpful to quite a few fellow pre-dents/future colleagues.

Wow these notes are just amazing. Thank you so much for being so kind and generous and posting your hard work for those of us preparing for our future DAT. Thanks again, and looking forward to using these while preparing for my test:) Was it these review notes that got you the Biology score that you received?

To be honest, I seldom looked at the notes after I finished compiling them. The process of gathering the information and taking time to fully understand each concept before incorporating it into the notes is what really paid off for me.

Good luck!

Such a gunner... Just kidding. Well done. I wish I had this when I was studying for the DATs. We actually have identical note taking strategies. I also never looked at my old notes again after I was done compiling them.

Awesome notes!!! Pulled off 23 on Bio... Check my breakdown for info!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I did my undergrad in Bio 8 years ago. I am returning to the field. Planning to take my DAT in May for 2014 year. Where should I start? Anyone have any prep books/material they want to sell? DAT Destroyer is sold out on Amazon. Any tips/advice will help. I currently have Kaplan Blue Book 7th edition and I have Barron's AP CHEM and BIO books. I am allotting 3-4 months of prep. Is that enough? too little? Any feedback would be great!

My undergrad gpa is 2.5. I was young and reckless :( I also have an MBA (GPA 4.0) and 10 years of corporate working experience. Want to do a career change. Any feedback?

Awesome notes the only thing is the pics are a little blurry which kinda throws me off but great compilation nonetheless :oops:

Edit: its a lot better when you actually download it. Thanks again!

Last edited:
you are amazing!!!! thank you! im totally printing and bringing these with me wherever i go!:)