Information for Evaluators

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BMEEngineer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is there any sort of guideline information that I can give to my evaluators when I request letters from them? For example, page limits, recommended things to discuss, ect? I haven't noticed anything specifically from ADEA.

Members don't see this ad.

Most professors are very accustomed to having to write students LORs for whatever reason. Give them a heads up and ask them specifically what they want. They'll generally know what to write and what they want from you to help them facilitate their letters.

Most professors are very accustomed to having to write students LORs for whatever reason. Give them a heads up and ask them specifically what they want. They'll generally know what to write and what they want from you to help them facilitate their letters.

Thank you for your advice. One of my letter writers is probably going to be my employer/manager for an internship, and a 4th letter from a dentist. I am not sure they are familiar with the LOR process. Anything specifically I should mention to them?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anything specifically I should mention to them?
Write a mini version of personal statement, stating why you want to be a dentist and what makes you a good candidate. Then list a few of your core values and personal attributes like honesty, integrity, etc etc.

Applicants who are seriously targeting Case should go to the admissions section of the School of Dental Medicine's website and review a short document addressed to applicants and their evaluators. This document is linked to both the Timeline and Checklist pages and can only be viewed using Adobe Flash Player, which should be installed on a Windows (i.e., not an Apple) browser.