0-6 Pharmacy Programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

skechie121

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm an upcoming high school senior from California and I've been wondering if I have any chance to get into one of the 0+6 pharmacy programs. I've been searching online for a while and I haven't been able to find any specific information about average gpa, sats,...

GPA:
Cummulative: 3.65 UW, 4.1 Weighted

I've been on the honors and AP track for the last 3 years of high school. So far I've taken 4 AP classes, 3 honors classes, and 3 accelerated classes (honors was not available).

Freshman Year:
1st Semester: 4.0
2nd Semester: 3.94

Sophomore Year:
1st Semester/2nd Semester: 3.78

Junior Year:
1st Semester:3.5
2nd Semester: 2.89

This previous year, I took 5 weighted classes out of 6 and that's why my gpa is lower. I had a bunch of personal problems during my 2nd semester of 11th grade, and thus my gpa dropped a lot. Next year, I'm planning on taking 4-5 AP classes to boost my gpa back up which should show the colleges that the 2.89 was just a phase.

I've just retaken my SATs and the scores aren't here yet. but I believe I got a 2200+.
Last time I got: 710 Math, 660 Verbal, 680 Writing. (2050)

As far the pharmacy goes, I'm still very confused between Medicine, Pharmacy, and Dental. I know I want to do something related to biology and chemistry, and either of those career paths would suit me. So, if you believe that it would be easier to get into a 6/7 year med or dental program, please refer me to them as well.

Thanks in advance!