University of Kentucky Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: ***The Official University of Kentucky Class of 2024 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: University of Kentucky School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello,
How long did it take your application status to go to "verified" after you approved your coursework? I used the professional transcript entry.

Hello,
How long did it take your application status to go to "verified" after you approved your coursework? I used the professional transcript entry.
I submitted my app on 6/16 and it got verified on 6/18.

Members don't see this ad :)
So what's everyones status say? I just submitted the supp. fee and mine changed to received/waiting for additional information. I have everything in though so they have everything now, hope status changes soon. Good luck to everyone!

Anyone heard anything about when interview invites will be sent out? Last year it was last week of July. Maybe they are waiting later this year since the deadline has been pushed back. The suspense :nailbiting:

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
They started to send out interviews!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
I got one today around 3.00 pm

Reactions: 1 users
can ya'll fill this out pleeeaasseee
Interview #
School:
Notification date:
Method of notification: Email
Residency:
AADSAS mail-out date:
Application complete date:
GPA (overall, science):
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17):
Dates available OR your interview date:
Method of Interview: Virtual

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview # 3
School: UK
Notification date: 08/21
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/10
Application complete date: 07/28
GPA (overall, science): 3.77 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/21/19/ QR16
Dates available OR your interview date: 09/22 and 09/23

Interview # 3
Notification date: 08/21
Residency: Florida
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/10
Application complete date: 07/28
GPA (overall, science): 3.77 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/21/21/19/ QR16
Dates available OR your interview date: 09/22 and 09/23
Did you have alot of shadowing/volunteering/research? We have very similar scores and I know that their avg. class has 300+ hrs of volunteering and shadowing.. Kentucky is one of those places I think would be really fun to attend

Did you have alot of shadowing/volunteering/research? We have very similar scores and I know that their avg. class has 300+ hrs of volunteering and shadowing.. Kentucky is one of those places I think would be really fun to attend
I have 300+ shadowing and 300+ volunteering dental and non-dental related; 65 hours of research with one poster presentation. But I wouldn't worry about, better quality over quantity!

I have 300+ shadowing and 300+ volunteering dental and non-dental related; 65 hours of research with one poster presentation. But I wouldn't worry about, better quality over quantity!
oh nice!! yea I think i have about 120 hrs of shadowing. 80 volunteering but have 2000 research hours.. Best of luck with your interview, you'll kill it!!

• Love
Yes UKCD is fun!!!

Interview # 1
Notification date: 09/11
Residency: KY
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/26
Application complete date: 07/27
GPA (overall, science): 2.78, 2.5
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/20/18/30
Dates available OR your interview date: 09/29 and 09/30
Method of Interview: Virtual and in person

Interview # 1
What do you mean by virtual and in person. My offer was only virtual. Did you get to go in person?

Interview # 1

Hello! I was curious if your undergrad university is graded on a 4.0 scale? I'm a bit worried about my GPAs personally and seeing that you received an interview offer (congrats btw!!) is encouraging at the moment haha

Hello! I was curious if your undergrad university is graded on a 4.0 scale? I'm a bit worried about my GPAs personally and seeing that you received an interview offer (congrats btw!!) is encouraging at the moment haha
It is!! I do have a masters GPA as well that is a 3.75 though. Best of luck to you

Hi everyone, I have a question - did you all receive any kind of "application complete" email from UK? I have a fee payment conformation email that states that " Your application will now be queued for review." I'm assuming that means that my stuff is complete. This may be a dumb question but I wanted to ask :)

Loved my interview here! Wonderful dental School!

I got an email last friday on the 9th for an interview invite! anyone else? or does anyone have advice?
Amazing school!! There's such a good vibe from students to faculty. Just be yourself, they want to know you pass your application. The MMI idea I know sounds a little intimidating, but common sense will guide you. Just enjoy your interview day!

My application status says "Received/Waiting Additional Information". All my stuff is verified and I paid the supplemental fee last week. Should I contact the school?

Amazing school!! There's such a good vibe from students to faculty. Just be yourself, they want to know you pass your application. The MMI idea I know sounds a little intimidating, but common sense will guide you. Just enjoy your interview day!
thank you for this!! i havent had an interview yet thats been an MMI so im nervous for it. how did you prepare for it and what was the format of theirs?? ie open/closed file and how exactly is MMI done over zoom haha

thank you for this!! i havent had an interview yet thats been an MMI so im nervous for it. how did you prepare for it and what was the format of theirs?? ie open/closed file and how exactly is MMI done over zoom haha
Hey! Don’t be nervous! We can’t disclose too much but I’m pretty sure it was closed file. There are multiple resources online regarding mmi that you can utilize! Be yourself, use your good judgment and don’t worry! It was pretty fun!

Loved my interview here! Everyone is so kind and genuinely want to get to know you. Even with the MMI format, they make you feel comfortable.

Interview #5
Notification date: 10.29
Method of notification: email
Residency: OOS
Application complete date: 6.28
GPA (overall, science): 3.4, 3.2
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/20/24/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 10.30
Method of Interview: Zoom

Loved my interview here! Everyone is so kind and genuinely want to get to know you. Even with the MMI format, they make you feel comfortable.
Congrats !!! I am still waiting to hear from UK; If you don't mind me asking, what are your stats like?

Congrats! That's awesome. Does this mean there are still class seats open, or that even though it's full they're interviewing for the alternate pool?
I think it means that they still have seats open!! I have a friend that's interviewing this week too. So I think more interview invites will come before Dec. 15th

Does UK send out emails at midnight for all applicants? I feel like I remember hearing them say that during the interview but wasn’t 100% sure.

Does UK send out emails at midnight for all applicants? I feel like I remember hearing them say that during the interview but wasn’t 100% sure.
I remember hearing that too. Did you also hear that they change the status in AADSAS to check back?

I mean do you know if Kentucky ever updates the AADSAS portal to say "Check back for update on {Decision date}"? Some schools do that.
Ohh now that I’m not sure. I’ve never heard that though