University of Nebraska (UNMC) Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good luck everyone!

Link to last years thread: ***The Official University of Nebraska (UNMC) Class of 2024 Interview/ Acceptance Thread***

Link to interview prep: University of Nebraska Medical Center College of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Interview #2
School: UNMC
Notification date: Aug 24
Method of notification: Email
Residency: MO
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/27
Application complete date: 7/10
GPA (overall, science): 3.36, 3.36, informal post-bac: 3.97
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/19/29 QR 16
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/11
Method of Interview: Virtual

Last edited:
Interview #1
Notification date: 8/24/2020
Residency: KS
AADSAS mail-out date: 07/26
Application complete date: 07/28
GPA (science, overall): 3.28 science, 3.55 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 22/23/21/22/ no.
Dates available OR your interview date: Contact enrollment manager
Method of interview: Virtual

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #3
Notification date: 8/24/2020
Residency: ND
AADSAS mail-out date: 06/26
Application complete date: 7/06
GPA (science, overall): 3.76 science, 3.78 overall
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 20/22/20/18/QR is 14.
Dates available OR your interview date:Not sure yet

Interview #3
Notification date: 8/24/20
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 6/19/2020
Application complete date: 7/16/20
GPA (science, overall): 3.20, 3.35
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/19/19/none
Dates available OR your interview date: 9/11/20

Notification date: 8/24
Residency: UT
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/22
Application complete date: 7/22
GPA (science, overall): 3.5, 3.4
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/21/20/17 QR
Dates available OR your interview date: 10/2

mine is monday the 21st

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone had their interview yet this cycle? curious as to how it went, and any tips? mine is coming up on monday

It was very low stress! They were all so nice. I interviewed with two faculties (same time), and they did not ask any SDN questions. More about your application if you have anything that stands out to them. I think they asked me 3 questions in total and the rest of the time we talked about other things! Make sure to have questions to ask at the end. Just have fun! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any current students that could talk about their time at Nebraska?

Has everyone else that has interviewed receive the email about sending in a headshot for your applicatio?

I'm dying over here! Has anyone heard anything? I thought they sent out emails at midnight in previous years, but looks like that didn't happen this year?

They sent out acceptances already--I got accepted at midnight via email

Why is this thread so dead compared to the others lol does anyone Still have the stats “invited for interview”

Why is this thread so dead compared to the others lol does anyone Still have the stats “invited for interview”
Mine still says invited for interview too and I didn’t hear anything today.

Reactions: 1 users
I emailed Joyce and told her I will not be attending UNMC! I hope you guys hear back soon.

Reactions: 1 users
My status on the application finally changed to waitlisted-- does anyone have experience in writing letters of intent?

My status on the application finally changed to waitlisted-- does anyone have experience in writing letters of intent?
I got waitlisted there too. I honestly was told that doesn’t sway their decision so decided not to write one. It has worked for some people so you can write one stating you’d accept their offer if given the chance.

Current 3rd year student at UNMC! Congrats to those who got accepted and for those who are waitlisted, don't lose hope, still lots of movement that can happen! Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Current 3rd year student at UNMC! Congrats to those who got accepted and for those who are waitlisted, don't lose hope, still lots of movement that can happen! Let me know if you guys have any questions.
Do you know if when they rank the waitlist, they will update our application status with our ranked number?

Has anyone heard anything from UNMC today?
Nothing. I sent short update email at the end of December and this was in her reply "Those who received the initial offer have 30 days to provide us their decision. The wait list has not been ranked. The Admissions Committee will reconvene to review the waitlist when we have a better idea as to who will accept or decline the offers that were extended. [...] Although we can’t predict what January 15 will look like in the way of acceptances and declines, we want to be as transparent as possible in providing you answers. I expect that a second round of offers will be sent out in mid-to-late January."

Still holding onto a little hope for the coming weeks. Hopefully this eased a little anxiety for you too.

Nothing. I sent short update email at the end of December and this was in her reply "Those who received the initial offer have 30 days to provide us their decision. The wait list has not been ranked. The Admissions Committee will reconvene to review the waitlist when we have a better idea as to who will accept or decline the offers that were extended. [...] Although we can’t predict what January 15 will look like in the way of acceptances and declines, we want to be as transparent as possible in providing you answers. I expect that a second round of offers will be sent out in mid-to-late January."

Still holding onto a little hope for the coming weeks. Hopefully this eased a little anxiety for you too.
yes i got that same message when i emailed them as well!! for some reason i thought the 15th meant that they were going to be sending out more acceptances that day, but hopefully we hear something in the next couple of weeks! Thank you!!

Just received an email that says their class is full. My status went from waitlisted to denied on AADSAS.