2 year pharmacy school applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xxxhotstuffxxx

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question involving 2 year pharmacy school applicants. I plan on applying to a couple of pharmacy schools this winter in order to get into pharmacy in the Fall of 2009. When should I start applying? I haven't taken the PCAT yet, but I'm already signed up for the August PCAT, and I also plan on taking it in October as well.

I also have another question. By the time I apply to pharmacy school (which would probably be late fall/early winter 2008), how can the pharmacy school know what grades I get for my fall 2008 semester? The grades won't be done until late December...will they only look at my GPA from my first year of school?

On a side note, what would be considered a pretty good GPA from a two year pharmacy school applicant? I read somewhere on this forum that a 3.6 was alright. I was hoping to get some other ideas.

Thanks!! 😍
 
I'm a 2-year applicant too. I would definately start doing your application and send it in as soon as possible. There is no such thing as your application being sent in too early. We already have a slight disadvantage under applicants who have a bachelor's degree already or even 3 years of school. And the pharmacy schools will be able to see what grades you made this fall because I think around the end of December sometime they open the academic update window and you have a chance to upgrade you grades from the fall. As for a good GPA, I honestly have no idea 😛 But I hope this helps some and good luck applying!
 
what about the pcat scores? Do you think I should apply after I get my first set of pcat scores? I guess what I'm trying to say is, I wanna make sure my pcat is good enough to get in before I apply. I'm not saying that I'm going to do badly, but I'm kinda nervous 😉
 
They will most likely judge you on the grades you've gotten thus far. I know in pharmcas there is an update where you can update with your fall grades when you get them. I think that after they send out acceptances and get some declining they can look at your updated grades and decided about offering you admissions if they were on the fence about you.