This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DoomDoomie

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
cGPA: 3.15 (amcas) 3.15 (aacomas)
sGPA: 3.30 (amcas) 3.48 (aacomas)
MCAT: 515 126/127/130/132
PA resident
ORM
6000+ hours as EMT
EMT preceptor for new hires
200+ hours internship at orthopedic surgeons office doing various tasks: HPI's, setting up steroid injections, shadowing etc
200+ hours volunteering at nursing home and an activity program for special needs children
100+ hours shadowing: ortho, ophthalmology, cardiology, anesthesiology, EM
Currently doing research dealing with EMS response times to improve cardiac arrest outcomes
Other leadership: kitchen manager for 4 years during undergrad before I became an EMT, multiple leadership positions in the fraternity I was in, and I coordinate activities and delegate responsibilities to other volunteers at the nursing home I mentioned above.

I'm the traditional had a terrible start to school and then turned it around type of story. I've been accepted to a few post baccs and will attend one during the admissions cycle. Not sure if adcoms will care since they won't see my grades in the post bacc when reviewing my app. I was wondering chances of DO or MD? Any help is much appreciated.
Have you already submitted your application? I think it would make more sense to wait until next cycle when you can show your grades from the postbac to strengthen your chances.

Members don't see this ad :)
cGPA: 3.15 (amcas) 3.15 (aacomas)
sGPA: 3.30 (amcas) 3.48 (aacomas)
MCAT: 515 126/127/130/132
PA resident
ORM
6000+ hours as EMT
EMT preceptor for new hires
200+ hours internship at orthopedic surgeons office doing various tasks: HPI's, setting up steroid injections, shadowing etc
200+ hours volunteering at nursing home and an activity program for special needs children
100+ hours shadowing: ortho, ophthalmology, cardiology, anesthesiology, EM
Currently doing research dealing with EMS response times to improve cardiac arrest outcomes
Other leadership: kitchen manager for 4 years during undergrad before I became an EMT, multiple leadership positions in the fraternity I was in, and I coordinate activities and delegate responsibilities to other volunteers at the nursing home I mentioned above.

I'm the traditional had a terrible start to school and then turned it around type of story. I've been accepted to a few post baccs and will attend one during the admissions cycle. Not sure if adcoms will care since they won't see my grades in the post bacc when reviewing my app. I was wondering chances of DO or MD? Any help is much appreciated.
What were your GPAs for the last two years of school? There are schools that weight these more than then entire four years.

U CO will be a donation; I think it's best that you wait for the results of the post-bac.
27 is still a baby. Some of my all time best student shave been in their 30s and 40s.
Again, you're fine for DO.

@DoomDoomie Hey, I tried to PM you but could not do so. Would you PM me? I have similar background and would appreciate your insight and suggestions. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.