This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorDoomMD

2+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I suggest
Columbia
Sinai
Mayo
BU
Vandy
UCSF
Tulane
Loyola
Rosy Franklin
Rush
Wake
Your state schools
Miami
Gtown
GWU
EVMS
Emory
Dartmouth
Hofstra
Netter
Albany
Jefferson
Drexel
Creighton
SLU
Wayne state
Pitt
Any do school except the five on my bad boy list.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Goro already gave his master list so I don't have much to add (nor am I an adcom or anything). But, is your PI a hard science professor?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you Goro ! You think I have a shot at Sinai ? I would love to go there.

Last edited:
My PI is an MD/PhD

So I'm assuming they don't teach hard sciences (i.e.. chemistry, phys, bio) to undergraduates? Reason I ask is because probably 60% of schools I applied to required 2 hard science letters, in which case you'll probably need to get another letter from one of your science professors so as not to limit where you can apply based on something simple like that.

Reactions: 2 users
I suggest these schools with your stats:
All 4 SUNYs
Albany
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Einstein
Tufts
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
George Washington
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Wayne State
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Creighton
TCU-UNT
For DO schools include NYIT, UNECOM and PCOM.

• Love
Oh damn I didn’t know I needed 2 science LORs. I’ll look into that. Thank you a lot !

Reactions: 1 users
I suggest these schools with your stats:
All 4 SUNYs
Albany
New York Medical College
Hofstra
Einstein
Tufts
Vermont
Quinnipiac
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
George Washington
Eastern Virginia
Virginia Commonwealth
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Wayne State
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin
Loyola
Creighton
TCU-UNT
For DO schools include NYIT, UNECOM and PCOM.
Thank you Faha ! Do you think 3 DO schools will be enough ? I think I am highly interested in those 3 DO schools and maybe 2-3 more from around the northeast/Midwest. Do you think CCOM is worth applying to with it’s crazy tuition ?

Thank you Faha ! Do you think 3 DO schools will be enough ? I think I am highly interested in those 3 DO schools and maybe 2-3 more from around the northeast/Midwest. Do you think CCOM is worth applying to with it’s crazy tuition ?
Add any other DO schools that appeal to you.

Add any other DO schools that appeal to you.
@Faha do u think it would be viable for me to apply to 35 MD schools and no DO schools for the 1st cycle ? I really don't wanna be a re-applicant but I'm very interested in Orthopedic surgery so I think MD would be the best route for me. I'm a bit scared of applying to only MD because of my 3.4 GPA.

@Faha do u think it would be viable for me to apply to 35 MD schools and no DO schools for the 1st cycle ? I really don't wanna be a re-applicant but I'm very interested in Orthopedic surgery so I think MD would be the best route for me. I'm a bit scared of applying to only MD because of my 3.4 GPA.
With your GPA you should have DO schools on your list.

If you’re worried about being a reapplicant then just add DO schools.