501c3 for PSLF?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

raccoon914

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is there a good way to find out which residency programs qualify as nonprofit for PSLF? Specifically, does anyone know if St. Elizabeth's in Boston is? One of the residents said it didn't qualify but I found something online that says they are 501c3. I would also like to check on the other places I applied. Thanks.
 
Is there a good way to find out which residency programs qualify as nonprofit for PSLF? Specifically, does anyone know if St. Elizabeth's in Boston is? One of the residents said it didn't qualify but I found something online that says they are 501c3. I would also like to check on the other places I applied. Thanks.

Likelyhood 10 years of IBR will cover your student loans if you haven't even started yet is next to 0, particularly with the current government environment. I really would not at all plan on it happening.
 
Likelyhood 10 years of IBR will cover your student loans if you haven't even started yet is next to 0, particularly with the current government environment. I really would not at all plan on it happening.

There is apparently legal language in the loan documents that makes it tough for them to retroactively take away the program. Any changes to the program would likely only affect those still taking out loans from what I understand.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There is apparently legal language in the loan documents that makes it tough for them to retroactively take away the program. Any changes to the program would likely only affect those still taking out loans from what I understand.


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Absolutely not what our financial advisers told us, it is NOT a guarantee at all and it's essentially a loop hole that this is working for professional school loans. I would not be surprised if democrats even chopped it for professional degrees.
 
Absolutely not what our financial advisers told us, it is NOT a guarantee at all and it's essentially a loop hole that this is working for professional school loans. I would not be surprised if democrats even chopped it for professional degrees.

You may be right. I don't really know. Has anyone done the research themselves?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
You may be right. I don't really know. Has anyone done the research themselves?


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You can read the language of the law yourself but no one can guarantee you anything. It is NOT a contract nor a legally binding document, not sure what else there is to say.