A Preview Please...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

N-transition

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am thinking about going into gas. My rotattion should be this fall. But I was wondering if I can get a preview for some experienced 4th years or residents. I was wondering ...how often do things go wrong in the OR. I mean, does the Anesthesiologist have to step in 1% , 5%, or 20% of the time. I know this varies with the type of the operation. But say, it's a neuro case or a trauma case. How active is the Anesthesiologist ? Any insight is appreciated. 😎