AAMC problem to beat all

Started by lorarp
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

lorarp

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm posting this to see if this problem has happened to anyone else.

I received a call on Friday from a fellow AMCAS 2002 applicant saying that she had gotten an email from AMCAS with an email I had sent them attached at the bottom. That email included my Social Security number and my AMCAS ID number, which I had included hoping that AAMC could fix which ever problem it was I had emailed them about that day. I also included my phone number, which this girl (who incidently doesn't go to my school so it wasn't even a local problem) used to call me.

Has anyone else had this problem? To make it worse, AAMC is of course not returning my calls or emails so I sent them a letter registered mail.
 
This was obviously an unfortunate incident. I never realized tranmitting personal info like your SSN or Canadian SIN over email could be so dangerous!