AAMC stats excel file

Started by seojohn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

seojohn

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys. I have my MCAT on 9/7/12 so was making an excel file to keep track of all the incorrect questions I got on each topic and subject for each AAMC (3-11) so I can use this last week to review the topics I had the most trouble on.

I figured I'd share it so people can use it as a template to keep track of theirs as well and review the topics they have the most incorrect questions on.

The first tab is actually the frequency of questions on each topic in all the AAMCs so you can sort of get an idea of which topics seem to appear frequently on the AAMC FLs.

This is by no means an indicator of what's going to come out on the real deal but it's just interesting to see the data from all the AAMCs combined (they seem to love general and specialized eukaryotes, circulatory system, digestive system from the AAMC data).

The second tab is just all the topics and I put the number of incorrect questions I had for each AAMC (you can put your own numbers in the boxes here).

The third tab is just a copy of the second tab but I sorted it by the row of incorrect questions instead of topic. I hope this is of some use to anybody who can work better if organized and want a visual representation of their weak spots on the AAMCs

oh and theres no data for 10 because i haven't taken that yet. Good luck!
 

Attachments

Hey, thanks for sharing. I won't be taking any FLs for at least a month or two, but I think this will definitely be helpful for seeing trends/weak spots. Good luck w/ the MCAT in a few days!