About residency in neurosurgery

Started by TJ2012
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

TJ2012

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am an IMG from Nigeria. I study medicine in Nigeria. I have canadian PR. I am 3 years to finish neurosurgery residency. I have MSc with distinction in surgical science at the university of edinburgh. Can I get matched in Canada with this.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2
 
I am an IMG from Nigeria. I study medicine in Nigeria. I have canadian PR. I am 3 years to finish neurosurgery residency. I have MSc with distinction in surgical science at the university of edinburgh. Can I get matched in Canada with this.

In 2012, there was only ONE spot for an IMG in a neurosurgery residency in Canada. It was offered at the U of T. Thus, your best bet to find out whether your qualifications would be acceptable to apply for this position would be to contact the U of T directly:

http://neurosurgery.utoronto.ca/edu/residency.htm