Activities and Achievements for Applications

Started by deleted1030770
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted1030770

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am almost done filling in the application and have a question on how to fill in the Experiences and Achievement sections. From what I have done so far, I have filled each section in a very technical manner. For example for the secretary positions I had in a school organization, I put the tasks I was responsible for completing in a paragraph format. I assumed this is what was expected but saw that my friend and some other people online were writing these descriptions in a reflective narrative format. For example, when talking about volunteering they would discuss what they learned from the experience almost like a mini personal statement. If possible, I would rather keep it technical but am not sure if this is to "bland" fo what the admissions officers are expecting.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Between the two, it is more important that you communicate what the activity was. A BRIEF portion about what you learned is good.