advice about masters programs

Started by dre2011
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dre2011

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, I will be graduating from undergrad in May 2011 and am planning on taking a year off before deciding if I want to go to med school. I want to stay in a academic environment for that year and get my masters in a health-related field, like health sciences for example. The thing is, with a 3.65 gpa, I don't think SMPs/post-bacc programs are right for me. Does anyone have any suggestions for programs that could give me a taste of a med school-like courseload, but would also be appropriate for me?

Thanks!

Also, I have already fulfilled all prereqs
 
^^^^^^^
or

Just take 1 or 2 classes at a university if you want to keep the brain cells going. You will also raise the gpa a little.
While doing that maybe you should volunteer to boost your ECs or get some kind of certification and work.