Advice on summer job

Started by easb
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

easb

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be free from June to Sept. before I start a PT school. I would like to find a job in healthcare for those 3 summer months. A PT aid position would be wonderful, but I have heard that they are usually low paid. Do you guys have any suggestions what kind of positions I should look for? I heard, for example, that chiropractor tech (or something like that) are better paid than PT aids.
 
at this point i would take any job where you would be in a position to save a lot of money. you're already accepted into a pt program now is the time to worry about financing that program. i, personally, would wait tables and bartend and bring in a couple hundred a day rather then a pt tech to only bring in a few hundred a week. i start my program in may

and i have worked as a pt tech.
 
agreed, with rltruong. Try to get a job with decent pay rather than a "medical field" job for the experience. You will have tons of this throughout school, and plus the hard part of getting into school is already done
 
Just find something that pays well. Working as a PT tech for $9/hr won't help you out a ton in the long run.