Advice Please!

Started by mfrey28
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mfrey28

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
A little backstory: graduated with my BS in Exercise Science and applied for dental school in 2012 with a 3.10 overall GPA but didn't get in. Have been attending another university doing an informal post-baccl to raise my GPA and reapply.

Recently, I have realized that my heart has never truly been in dentistry, but rather in the salary and lifestyle of being a dentist. After some deep talks with my brother who is pursuing PA school, I have realized that my heart has always been in healthcare and this seems like a great option for me.

I currently have no HCE but I have found a medical assistant program at a local CC that costs only $2100. So my plan is to enroll in this program and work as a medical assistant for a couple of years then apply for PA school. I feel comfortable having to take the GRE and feel that I will score well. I got an academic average of 21 on the DAT if that helps gauge how well I could do.

Please let know if you have any advice or suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it!