advice please!!!

Started by peartiser
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

peartiser

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hellos. i've just started my 2nd year in a 4 year university and am taking ochem for the year. how many credits do you guys recommend i take each quarter? i want to do well in ochem, but i also want to look like im taking enough credits. advice please!..
 
my first two years I usually took 2 gen-ed classes (sometimes 3) and 2 science classes. It was a good work load, but not overly stressful.
 
One of the schools I am applying to recommended that people take at least 2 science classes a semester to be sure that they can handle the load in pharmacy school. Other than that...I'm not sure.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took O.Chem, Gen. Bio II and Microbiology and worked 28 hours a week. So it was 12 credits plus labs and part-time work. I don't know if that's considered heavy or not, but it felt like it 🙂
 
Last semester I took Ochem, Microbial Diversity, Virology, Cell Biology, Data Management class and worked 15 hours a week. It was an awful lot to do and maybe it's ok to have a schedule like that one semester but I wouldn't suggest doing it every semester
 
Not a lot of people are on the quarter system, so getting a correct answer might be hard. You want to at least be considered a full-time student. I don't know how many units that is for quarters, so maybe ask an advisor. For semester systems, 12 units is considered full-time, but taking 15 is what you should do.