Advice...?

Started by kss1025
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kss1025

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I figured I would try to get some input from you guys to see if I have a chance for pharmacy school this time around... I would appreciate any feedback or suggestions.

My science GPA is only a 3.05, which I recognize is very low. However, I have made upward trends, and even earned an A for Organic last semester.

I just finished the second round of the PCAT earlier today and scored a 91 composite. (I got a 70 the first time.)
My subscores:
Composite-91
Bio-99
Chem-81
Quant-85
Verbal-68
RC-54 🙁

I have never worked in a pharmacy or healthcare environment, which I know is going to hurt.I do have very good letters of reference which include one from a pharmacist and a doctor. I feel that my essays are fairly strong and, if nothing else, will provide and interesting read.

Schools I have applied to: LECOM: Bradenton, UF, and FAMU.
I'm at a 2-year college in an area that does not offer classes such as Microbio or Biochem, so my options are pretty limited.

So, here is the million-dollar question: Do I have a chance??
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
91? I would say that is a really good score for the PCAT. When I applied to my current school, they didn't post the PCAT score they were looking for, but they are looking at 40. I know some of the bigger and more competitive schools require 75 or higher, but I would think your PCAT can stand on it's own. Do you know of any students who are in these programs to compare your scores with them?