advices please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

initiative22

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey everybody! i have some problems and hope that someone can help me out =) , i been taking pre-pharmacy classes and planning to apply next fall. but i'm not sure about my chances because my grades are kinda low. i have taken most of the requirement courses by the pharmacy schools that i want to attend but i've gotten all Bs in my science classes (however, i got a C- in organic I the first time i took it and then i retake the class and got a B, and i have C in physic I) also i have a 73 pcat =( i have 4 month of experience as a pharmacy tech in a retail store and now i'm currently volunteering in a hospital. i'm pretty sure i can get some good LORS but i;m realli worry because my science gpa is a 3.0 right now.

should i retake physic I? will a C look bad? i been told by my advisor that my gpa sux because i need a 3.5 to be competitive =(
 
hey everybody! i have some problems and hope that someone can help me out =) , i been taking pre-pharmacy classes and planning to apply next fall. but i'm not sure about my chances because my grades are kinda low. i have taken most of the requirement courses by the pharmacy schools that i want to attend but i've gotten all Bs in my science classes (however, i got a C- in organic I the first time i took it and then i retake the class and got a B, and i have C in physic I) also i have a 73 pcat =( i have 4 month of experience as a pharmacy tech in a retail store and now i'm currently volunteering in a hospital. i'm pretty sure i can get some good LORS but i;m realli worry because my science gpa is a 3.0 right now.

should i retake physic I? will a C look bad? i been told by my advisor that my gpa sux because i need a 3.5 to be competitive =(


i wouldn't worry about a 3.0, that's enough to get interviewed at east coast/mid-west schools. I think your counselor was referring more to california pharmacy schools, i'd say to have a shot there you need at least a 3.4-3.5...

if i were you I'd retake PCAT and nail it and definitely work on your English/Grammar/Writing ability because judging by your post you're not very comfortable with the language (no offense of course, just trying to be helpful)