Air Force Residencies

Started by kelsey
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kelsey

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone knows about the general surgery residencies with the AF? Are they competitive? If I wanted to do a civilian residency, would it much of a problem to defer? Thanks.
 
According to the last integrated forecast board, these were the available slots 4-WHMC(Wilford Hall/UTHSC; 3-WP(Wright Pat/WS; 2-DGMC(David Grant);4-Keesler, 10-Deferred. So it looks like chances are pretty good that you can get a deferral. However, considering you get paid more(plus the housing and substience allowance) and the fact the surgical residents are probably treated better in the military(from what I've heard), I'm not sure I'd want to get a deferrment in gen surg.

Jacob