all pre-reqs done. figured out Gpa

Started by RLK
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

RLK

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just calculated my GPA for all the pre-reqs required by the optometry school that I want to go to the most. My is GPA: 3.36. I have an appointment set up with a counselor at this school because I was rejected admittance for fall 2005. I would imagine it was because 1.) my OAT was only a 280, 2.) I had less science courses when I applied than now.

Since I've applied I've finished all pre-reqs, taken extra science courses, and shadowed an optometrist. I want to go to optometry school so darn bad. I guess I just need to improve this OAT score to at least 300.

Do you have any advice for me for when I go to meet with the counselors at the school in a few weeks?
 
RLK said:
I just calculated my GPA for all the pre-reqs required by the optometry school that I want to go to the most. My is GPA: 3.36. I have an appointment set up with a counselor at this school because I was rejected admittance for fall 2005. I would imagine it was because 1.) my OAT was only a 280, 2.) I had less science courses when I applied than now.

Since I've applied I've finished all pre-reqs, taken extra science courses, and shadowed an optometrist. I want to go to optometry school so darn bad. I guess I just need to improve this OAT score to at least 300.

Do you have any advice for me for when I go to meet with the counselors at the school in a few weeks?

What school? I'm guessing you weren't a Sci. major last time? Good luck on the OAT 🙂
 
duracell said:
What school? I'm guessing you weren't a Sci. major last time? Good luck on the OAT 🙂

I'm one of the weird cases I guess. I have a bs in computer science and I'm 29 yrs old. Since I've gone back to school I've taken almost nothing but biology, chemistry, and physics. I really want to go to Pennsylvania college of optometry. From the 2004 statistics, I saw that they admitted around 20% out of state applicants and 65% in-state applicants. I figured that because of those stats this would be my best shot.