Alternate List

Started by asa5
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

asa5

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After a long wait...I finally received a letter from SUNY telling me I have been put on an alternate list and will have to deposit $100 to save a spot on the list.🙁

I just wanted to know if anyone else is in a similar situations. Is their a difference between a wait list and an alternate list? What are the chances...I mean I might have to wait as long as July- August depending on when there is more openings.
 
Waitlist = Alternate list. I feel your pain and so do a lot of other people. All you can do is wait.... fun! 🙄 Hopefully you also have a few "backup" plans or can get on it NOW.
 
Last year I was accepted off the ICO alternate list, but didn't find out until July 9th....the waiting sucks. Don't give up though!🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
After a long wait...I finally received a letter from SUNY telling me I have been put on an alternate list and will have to deposit $100 to save a spot on the list.🙁

I just wanted to know if anyone else is in a similar situations. Is their a difference between a wait list and an alternate list? What are the chances...I mean I might have to wait as long as July- August depending on when there is more openings.

WTF!

Now you gotta pay to be on the "waiting/alternating list."

What a bunch of BS.

Do other schools also have students pay so they can remain on the waiting list ?
 
If I remember right I had to pay $500 to stay on the ICO list, but you get it back if you don't get in