AMCAS ap/repeat course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

crankycactus

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My AMCAS application got verified, and I was kind of confused about how the course types for my classes were changed. For some AP classes, the course was listed as "Advanced Placement" but for others, the course was listed as both "Advanced Placement" and "Repeat".
I did retake a lot of my AP credits, but for some of the courses I took in college (not AP) that were repeated, they were also listed as both "Advanced Placement" and "Repeat".
For example, Biology II is listed twice in my coursework section, and in both entries the course is categorized as both Advanced Placement and Repeat although 1 is listed as a P grade and one is listed as an A. I am just worried about this because for some secondaries with course drop down menus, it looks like I only took Biology II as an AP, which isn't true.
I just wanted to make sure that this wasn't some type of error that I need to request a correction for. The Semester Hours calculation appears for all of my college courses even if they're categorized as an AP, so I think I should be fine but I wanted to double
 
I would check with your prehealth advisors and the registrar. Nothing you describe sounds wrong, but it sounds like your registrar and the (biology) department have their policies about AP credit. It sounds like you got AP credit for Biology 1 but decided to take the class anyway. Is that right?
 
yes, the Ap course shows grade as P and the college course shows an A but both entries are labeled as Advanced Placement and Repeat. I wanted to verify whether this coding is expected or whether it should be corrected, since I want to ensure medical schools can distinguish the college course from the AP credit when reviewing prerequisites.
 
yes, the Ap course shows grade as P and the college course shows an A but both entries are labeled as Advanced Placement and Repeat. I wanted to verify whether this coding is expected or whether it should be corrected, since I want to ensure medical schools can distinguish the college course from the AP credit when reviewing prerequisites.
Have you calculated your AMCAS GPA's in the manner you want them to be scored? Do they match AMCAS's calculations? If there is no difference, there's no reason to ask for a correction IMO.