Anatomy/Physio Pre-req

Started by HmoobRX
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HmoobRX

Full Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The university where I took anatomy/physio only offered it as a one course class. I've been looking at a lot of schools' pre-reqs and I find that some schools I really want to apply to need 2 courses of anatomy/physio (part 1 and 2). Has anyone run into this problem and how have you addressed it? Will the schools waive it or is it a must?
 
I was also wondering about a similar question and figured i'd post in here since its a related thread.


I took an animal physiology class whcih covered organ systems in a lecture lab course. The school I want to apply to requests a Human Physio class; has anybody ever heard of an Animal Physio class covering the requirement. I imagine i'd get a better response if I contacted the admissions/pharm dept directly, but wanted to ask first.

Also, do I have to fullfill a pre-req before applying or can it be in progress? Im taking a Human anatomy class in September but still would like to apply to pharm schools by the end of this month..


Sorry for barging in on the thread!
 
As long as you mention that that class is in progress or you are planning to take it before you enter pharmacy school, you can apply to any pharm school that you will have the pre-reqs for. Usually most schools require you to be finish with the pre-reqs by the spring or the summer before you start pharm school. If you are taking the course this fall, just make sure they know that pre-req is a course in progress.
 
i believe that if the animal physio class is primarily human systems then it can be used as the pre-req. however, you're going to need check with each individual school (whether online or by phone) to see if they'll accept it. the easiest way will be checking on the pharm school site to see if they have an approved list of courses for your university/c.c.

regarding the o.p. you might want to fax or email them a copy of your syllabus to let them examine it to see if they'll make an exception for you to accept that 1 course as satisfying their pre-req. again this may be on a school to school basis.