anatomy & physiology

Started by sm521
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

sm521

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey everyone..

quick question (i apologize if it may sound dumb..)

would it matter if i took anatomy & physiology 1+2, or if i took just anatomy, and then physiology after?

im in my 2nd semester of pre-reqs, and i have a list of possible schools i would apply to, but have not narrowed down yet. i have lists of their pre-reqs as well and some require anatomy and/or physiology or one/both of the a&p classes.

i plan to register for anatomy for this summer and physiology for this fall, since i figured it would be a safer bet, but im not sure if pharmacy schools would be super strict and specific about these classes..

thanks for any help you can provide me !
 
This is a question that can be best answered by the admissions department of the schools your interested in. For what it's worth, the schools I applied to did not seem to care, but you should still ask your schools. Better to be safe than sorry.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey everyone..

quick question (i apologize if it may sound dumb..)

would it matter if i took anatomy & physiology 1+2, or if i took just anatomy, and then physiology after?

im in my 2nd semester of pre-reqs, and i have a list of possible schools i would apply to, but have not narrowed down yet. i have lists of their pre-reqs as well and some require anatomy and/or physiology or one/both of the a&p classes.

i plan to register for anatomy for this summer and physiology for this fall, since i figured it would be a safer bet, but im not sure if pharmacy schools would be super strict and specific about these classes..

thanks for any help you can provide me !

Do you have the option of either? I moved last summer. The school I left had anatomy as one class and physiology as another. The school I'm attending now has A&P 1 and A&P 2. I had signed up for anatomy last summer, but it was brutal. I dropped it b/c I realized there was no way I could do well with the amount of hours it required to study and planning a move. If you don't have to take anatomy in the summer, then don't do it. It pushed back my application an entire year, but I know it will be worth it.