anatomy?

Started by pali Kaur
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pali Kaur

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi,

Is anatomy and physiology courses important/necessary to have taken before taking PCAT.

Although I have taken genetics, biochemistry, microbiology and some other bio classes.

Please respond.

Thanks
 
haven't taken PCAT yet but a pre pharm adviser at school told me that it would mostly be physiology on the PCAT he said anatomy wasn't on it.
Someone else could problem give a better for sure answer
 
haven't taken PCAT yet but a pre pharm adviser at school told me that it would mostly be physiology on the PCAT he said anatomy wasn't on it.
Someone else could problem give a better for sure answer

Your advisor is a ***** then. It really depends on the test. My PCAT had mostly general Bio, with about id say 15% anatomy and maybe 10% physiology. However I think taking these classes before taking the PCAT is a plus going back to the OP.
 
I did not have A & P 2 when I took the PCAT, and I felt that it hindered me. They seemed to prefer questions on the things in the second half of the course (circulation, endocrine glands, digestion). But it is possible that those questions stuck out more to me because I was not as familiar with the material.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Taking anatomy and physiology is not necessary to do well on the bio section. However, I really do recommend that you relearn ALL the physiology that was covered in your general biology classes. All the systems (nervous, endocrine, cardiovascular, reproductive, ect). They are very important for the bio section. It would also be very beneficial for you to read a anatomy and physiology study guide such as cliffnotes or barrons. Good luck!!!🙂