Animal PT

Started by shredgnar
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shredgnar

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi...I'm currently applying to PT school, starting in the Fall if all goes well.

I was wondering if there are any PTs out there currently practicing PT on animals? I have done some research and I know U of Tennessee offers a certificate program, but I wanted to get some first hand information/advice on this. Thank you.
 
Last edited:
One of our professors says that there is only one practicing PT in the state that works with animals. He stated there really isn't much of a demand for PT's from the veterinary world.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a lady in my physics class who is a veterinary tech and has been doing PT for over 20 years. She said she is constantly busy, as there are not many people who do it. Plus, more pet owners are choosing to try therapy rather than invasive surgery. She is changing fields only because she is a bit older and the work can be physically gruelling.

I'm pretty sure she did the UT program, btw