Anti aromatic?

Started by Psa
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Psa

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would this be anti aromatic? It does follow huckel's rule but is it planar?

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1376964906.950027.jpg
 
I would say non because it is planar. That's what chad said. Kaplan said it was anti tho but idk if I believe Kaplan over chad.

Do you mean non planar?

Topscore also says its nonplanar. I honestly don't know who to trust. I don't like Kaplan and topscore.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Chad clearly said that this one is NOT planar and therefore doesnt follow one of the 1st three rules and is therefore NONaromatic. I will believe him over kaplan and other sources 🙂