Any Advice?

Started by rxrxrx
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

rxrxrx

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need some advice for a friend who will be applying to pharm schools this year. His undergrad GPA is low (~2.7 with a BS in Physiology) but he will be getting his Masters in Biology in May with a GPA of 3.7. He has recent pharm tech experience and a LOT of research, volunteer, and leadership experience. Assuming gets a competitive PCAT score (80+) what do you think his chances are of getting accepted somewhere?

Do you think the low undergrad GPA (which will lead to a low pre-pharm GPA) will overshadow the great Masters GPA and extracurriculars? I told him to re-take some classes, particularly organic chem I, to raise the pre-pharm GPA and to show persistence but do you think that will help? I just want to make sure he doesn't waste his time applying when he may be doomed with a poor undergrad GPA.