Technology any computer people around?

Started by tigress
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

tigress

queen of the jungle
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Quick before this thread gets moved! 😛

Okay, so I'm thinking of upgrading my RAM. Problem is I don't really know that much about computer hardware. Where should I go to read about it? How do I know what kind of RAM to buy? And where is the best/least expensive place to get it? Is it safe to buy stuff like this off of ebay?

I like my computer, but I really want a better system. I don't see any reason to buy a whole new comp when I could just upgrade various aspects of it over time (and when I have the money!). And right now I'm not even almost using all of the hard drive space, but I would like my system to be faster so it can run some graphics-heavy games.

thanks in advance for any advice 🙂 👍
 
PM me, Ill help you find out where to buy it and what to buy.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tigress said:
Quick before this thread gets moved! 😛

Okay, so I'm thinking of upgrading my RAM. Problem is I don't really know that much about computer hardware. Where should I go to read about it? How do I know what kind of RAM to buy? And where is the best/least expensive place to get it? Is it safe to buy stuff like this off of ebay?

I like my computer, but I really want a better system. I don't see any reason to buy a whole new comp when I could just upgrade various aspects of it over time (and when I have the money!). And right now I'm not even almost using all of the hard drive space, but I would like my system to be faster so it can run some graphics-heavy games.

thanks in advance for any advice 🙂 👍
use this
http://www.kingston.com/

it'll tell you what kind of RAM to buy for your computer.

then if u want to find that same type of ram cheaper go to www.pricewatch.com

gluck!
 
👍 thanks to everybody I now know exactly what I need to buy. Now it's just a matter of finding the best price and saving up the money 😛
 
Phil Anthropist said:
Moving to the Technology forum 😀 :meanie:

Thanks to Phil for being the coolest moderator ever and letting this last so long on pre-allo 👍 👍