Any environmentalist premeds out there?

Started by envirodoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

envirodoc

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Blatantly copying off of the communist premed post, but not necessarily a marxist topic...

I would say that environmentalism was my first passion, which lead to my current occupation(GIS) and future profession (MD,MPH)... Anyone else hoping to bridge environmental passions and medicine?

What opportunities do you see for yourself career wise?
Preventative Medicine?
Occupational Health?
Research? - if so, what field?
Public health?
Planning?
Indiginous Medicine combined with ecological & cultural conservation?
Indiginous medicine combined with full-on pharma sell out?😛
Environmental Justice?


I am not sure what I'll be doing yet, but I have some thoughts... and wondering if anyone is thinking about the same issues....

Anyone out there in med school/practicing physician with similar passions?
 
I'm taking BS in Public Health now and loving every bit of it. I hope to get into an MD/MPH program.

I'm also interested in ecological conservation and now that you mention it, maybe even environmental justice. 🙂