any of you active in the Red Cross?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Winston Smith

i didn't do it
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wanted to know what you guys think of it. What have you guys done in it? Does all of the training come from them? Please be specific...thanks guys.
 
I was a volunteer first aid and CPR instructor for the red cross for almost two years. First they certified me in those classes (8 hours on a saturday. Then I was trained as a basic instructor and that I believe took 2 days of classes. At the end of each course, you have a multiple choice exam (very easy compared to anything you'll see in college!) And then finally you teach with an experienced co-instructor on your first night following a set notes that are given to you. And that was about it. 🙂