Any suggestions on paper topic?

Started by kayjay
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kayjay

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys! I have a 15 page x'tra credit paper to write for my pharmacology class..im still debating on whether I should do it, bc it's 15 pages long..but it can totally bring my grade up from a B to an A. Any suggestions on what to write about? Hot topics in Pharm? I would appreciate your input! 🙂

Thanks!
 
kayjay said:
Hey guys! I have a 15 page x'tra credit paper to write for my pharmacology class..im still debating on whether I should do it, bc it's 15 pages long..but it can totally bring my grade up from a B to an A. Any suggestions on what to write about? Hot topics in Pharm? I would appreciate your input! 🙂

Thanks!

This one is big in the news right now.

pharmacist_032805.gif
 
i like what DHG suggested, seems like there would be enough points to fill a 15 page paper!
for my pharmacology paper last semester i wrote 10 pages on people's reactions to the use of Pharmacogenomics. i looked at the physical benefits of using this method, who would benefit, economic impact on gvt, ins companies, and individuals, current public opinion, and reasons why people do/don't support it. there was a great article in parade magazine that gave me a good start. if you decide to do this topic, i will mail you the article if you like. good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
maybe u could write about the situation with the COX-2 inhibitiors ie Vioxx, Bextra and Celebrex.
 
It's a pharmacology class, so I think the professor wants the topics to be drug-related..in terms of pharmacodynamics/pharmacokinetics.

Thanks guys! I really appreciate it! 🙂

Vioxx/celebrex/COX-2 inhibitors..something I was actually considering. 😉

Anymore suggestions?
 
trishias said:
maybe u could write about the situation with the COX-2 inhibitiors ie Vioxx, Bextra and Celebrex.
I just wrote a 15 page paper on that for biocehm. It wasn't extra credit though but I did get an A 😀

I can send you my references if you want
 
I have done something similar. The topic I wrote is about diabete. I explained what kind of drugs can be used to treat diabete and explain the mechanism. I think this involves the pharmacokinetics.
 
Community acquired MRSA vs Nosocomial MRSA and treatment options.

Now that's fun!
 
vafcarrot said:
I just wrote a 15 page paper on that for biocehm. It wasn't extra credit though but I did get an A 😀

I can send you my references if you want

Please do! (I'll PM you my email add)

Can you send me the paper instead? 😛


jk