Anyone in a MS Biology or related program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

southpawcannon

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I spoke to my undergrad Biology prof yesterday about my options of getting to med school. One that she brought up was having already earned a BS, take my pre-reqs for med school and then go the MS route of taking upper-level sciences while getting to do some TA(which could pay for some tuition), research, etc. for 1.5-2 yr. I'm strongly considering this route because it would let me get enough sciences in as well as finish off graduate coursework in something I'd be interested in(versus the previous program I was in). My school apparently wants you to have a 1500 on the GRE but also mentioned on the website as their not being any strict cut-offs. I know I'd have to refer to my school more for info on the program, but in regards to the GRE, is a 1500 attainable with good prep?
 
You can get a 1500!!

Look at the GRE site and average scores etc....

The students that might have problems getting such a score usually don't speak english as their first language.

I prepared using a computer program. Take a practice test and see how it goes. I just took a few practice exams and did well. I know that the format has changed since I took it, but it was similar to the SAT and probably still is.