Anyone in Pre-Dental club at college/university?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lgreen_aci

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

For those of you in pre-dental clubs at your college/university, what type of activities/events/etc do you guys do?

We don't have one at my school, but I am looking into maybe starting one.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

lgreen_aci said:
Hi,

For those of you in pre-dental clubs at your college/university, what type of activities/events/etc do you guys do?

We don't have one at my school, but I am looking into maybe starting one.

Thanks

I am the pre-dent rep of a "pre-health" club (mostly meds) and the web master for the pre-dental ASDA at my college. As the pre-dent rep, I give a workshop on the application process and a basic overview of what dentistry is. I also arrange shadowing with some dentists in the area for the club members and be an all-around mentor to pre-dents. In ASDA, we do a lot of things with the dental students, like have a panel of them to answer our questions, go on trips to schools with them to help teach hygiene to the young'uns, and helping out on the Smiles Van. The pre-dent ASDA is still being worked on, but that's what we've set up so far.

Yeah, I guess we're lucky that we have the dental school on campus, but just think... what would YOU like to know before deciding dentistry is right for you and what you would like to know in order to acheive that goal. Those are your events.

If you start one make sure it isn't super lame like mine is!