Anyone use note-taking Templates?

Started by Snanther
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Snanther

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

I can only speak for Ottawa as that is the only place I have practiced medicine but here, almost everyone uses templates for admission notes to save time and to increase the readability and uniformity of note-taking. I had to get my templates from physicians in the hospital who had them saved in their email. There doesn't appear to be a template sharing mechanism so that the field experts can pass them along to new trainees.

I was wondering if this practice is widespread?

I got tired of having to get them from my email and only having access to templates I was directly given so I created a template sharing website - medtemplates.com

Figured I'd post it in the hopes that it may help some of you. The website is also very new and I would love any advice you guys have to offer. Or you can send some templates for upload!

Thanks for reading!