Applying near the deadline?

Started by Qqdog
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Qqdog

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The school I am trying to get into has a deadline of March 2. My pharmcas will be submitted in mid December(need PCAT score).

Does applying so late impact the chances of me getting into the school? The school only has 50 spots for transfer students so I'm a bit worried. Thanks everyone!
 
yes it does. get everything done and submit them asap once u r ready.
Oh man. That sucks. I already have one PCAT score but my composite is only in the 50th percentile. I'm assuming it would be wiser to wait and try to get a better score but I'm really not sure. Any input would be great. Thanks!!
 
As far as your PCAT score goes, it really depends what school you are applying to. There are some schools where a 50% would be a great scores and others that would prefer something higher. I would go ahead and finish up your pharmCAS application and just indicate that you are taking another PCAT later on this year. A lot of schools have rolling admissions so if you apply later on, there may be no spots left. IMHO, apply now and just indicate you are taking the PCAT again. They might go ahead and process your app and just wait for that PCAT to send you the interview invite.