a

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oregon2012

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
g

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Benefit of "standing out" is negligible

Risk of looking unprofessional is significant

Try to stand out on the basis of talent and merit

Members don't see this ad :)
4e7875c9d1c70482a883c85fd8e24ce5--neck-ties-american-flag.jpg

Interviewing and considering this tie to stand out slightly. I've always gotten compliments on it in the past but not sure if I should just go with a standard dark green. Both match my suit fine. White shirt, charcoal gray suit.

Dont wear that one. From the interviews Ive gone to, you'd stick out like a sore thumb and not in a good way.

Love the tie and would take very good care of it, but feels too used-car-salesman for interview. I concur with other posters here.

No.

Don't dress to "stand out slightly." Look professional. Let your CV make the statement. You have the rest of your career to make fashion statements.

Reactions: 1 users
Did you get that from your grandpa's closet? Did he wear it in 1976? That's what I'd think... and that's at my most charitable. Stick with the green tie.

Reactions: 3 users
JMHO, but it would appear that you're making a statement regarding the NFL anthem controversy. Even if that's not your motive, don't risk being political. You never know the opinions of those you'll meet that day.

If you insist on keeping it for the future....save it for when you're "in" and around national holidays.

JMHO, but it would appear that you're making a statement regarding the NFL anthem controversy. Even if that's not your motive, don't risk being political. You never know the opinions of those you'll meet that day.

If you insist on keeping it for the future....save it for when you're "in" and around national holidays.
Or for 2026, for the 250th birthday of the US.

Reactions: 1 user