Are programs done sending out invitations?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Cholinergic

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There's still a handful of programs that I'm waiting to hear from, only 1 that I'm really interested in. Are interview lists finalized for the most part? Or are programs still sending them out? If I received an invite this late in the game, I would think it was more of a B-list invite. Do you think that's accurate? I'm applying OB/Gyn BTW. I don't know if that gives any more insight.
 
There's still a handful of programs that I'm waiting to hear from, only 1 that I'm really interested in. Are interview lists finalized for the most part? Or are programs still sending them out? If I received an invite this late in the game, I would think it was more of a B-list invite. Do you think that's accurate? I'm applying OB/Gyn BTW. I don't know if that gives any more insight.

of the few programs that seem to have taken forever to render a decision, 1 just got to me on Friday. Another supposedly made final decisions on Friday but I haven't heard anything. No clue on the others.
 
I'm in a similar boat. I'd think that any programs getting back to me at this point are just filling up recently opened spots, and I probably don't have a good shot of matching there anyway. Thus, I'm a little less inclined to accept their invitation if it means moving an interview that, while may be less desirable, clearly "wants" me more than the other program. I dunno, it's a crap shoot anyway...