Aromatic help!

Started by yankpak786
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

yankpak786

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a question regarding today's DAT Question of the day. I understand that the 2nd choice is non-aromatic due to becoming a tub shape, and the 4th is anti-aromatic because it follows the 4n rule, where n=3. However, shouldn't the 3rd choice should also be non-aromatic because it has an sp3 carbon projecting out of the compound rendering it non-planar and non-aromatic?


Untitled33.png
 
yeah idk, II would sure would not be aromatic. I was just watching Chad's video and he mentioned that II is in a boat formation in actuality, therefore it would not be aromatic