This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nevergiveupok

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What are your opinions? How concerned should future doctors be? Are we going to continue to see steady increase in pay?

I'm thinking of applying to IM or PM&R.
Why are you concerned about the future of physician pay?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm pretty concerned too, i will have ~300k of debt to pay off

Medicine will probably get socialized, salaries will probably decrease around maybe 1/3, tuition debt may be covered

So yeah, future doctors will probably be making less than they do now... why do you think foreign doctors move mountains to practice here

You better be damned concerned. Doctors should learn how to argue against socialized medicine and organize for free market reform. But instead they’re doInfo the opposite, degenerating into a group of pressure groups lobbying for shortsighted goals, like keeping midlevels off their turf, at others’ expense. Hope they enjoy what’s coming.

• Okay...
Reactions: 1 user
You minimize your risk diversifying and leveraging your medical degree and skill set. There are plenty of additional options that can add extra revenue depending on your specialty. Locums is an example. Acting as a consultant is another. Leverage your income with investments. Also make sure to continue refining your financial literacy.

Put in the work and you have very little to worry about.