Asking for a LOR?

Started by JakeSill
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

JakeSill

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you don't need a LOR right now(applying next cycle), do you ask for a LOR, like give a heads up to the teacher after the class is over or wait until you need it? Before the LOR is needed, how long should I wait to ask for the LOR?
 
it depends... In my case I could ask for a letter of recommendation any time I wanted, because my school has a pre-health committee that saves all my letters and then puts them all together when PharmCAS opens up (the process is WAY more complicated...) But If your school does not have something like this, the best thing you can do is just pass by the professor's office and let him/her know you will need a letter of recommendation in the future (its always nice if you pass by his office from time to time after that so that he/she won't forget you).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Please help, Yikes I am really having anxiety over this one. I think my professors know me from class but I have not done any other type of school participation. I am scared to ask any advice?